Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Prom 2009



Last night was Prom for the 2009 graduates of the Washtenaw Intermediate School District Young Adult Program and alumni. As an alumna, Asia was invited, and she skipped practice with her running team to go!

The ballroom at Weber's Inn was beautifully decorated and there was music and snacks. You've never seen a more enthusiastic group of dancers in your life. Unfortunately, you won't see this one either, because the battery died in my camera after I took the pre-prom pix. .....sigh.... I am not yet used to the fact that it doesn't charge from the computer, when downloading pictures....I have to take the battery out and charge it separately. All part of the learning curve. But I WILL have it charged for the Dexter-Ann Arbor Half Marathon this Sunday!

Anyway, Asia had a grand time, dancing and snacking and seeing many of her teachers and old friends from school. Her teachers knew her running history and many knew that she had run a marathon. Some may even be at the half marathon this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure all that dancing qualifies as "cross training"! Have a great run on Sunday Asia. Hope you get perfect weather and your mom gets her batteries charged and posts some pictures of it for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the batteries charged, the proper race-day sausage for breakfast, and the weather is supposed to be ideal! I'll post pix of the last long run of the winter season w/her team tomorrow and race pix on Sunday. Thanks for the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete